Monday, April 2

The Princess and the Pea


I cant sleep. It seems that not only am I destined not to have any sleep for months after the baby is born, but I'm preparing myself for it now. The main problem is I cannot for the life of me get comfortable no matter how I try, despite my wonderful memory foam mattress. I just lie there wondering what time it is, my talking clock kindly keeps me informed with up to the minute time checks. "It is 12 am, It is 1 am, It is 2 am, It is 3 am." I seem to manage a light doze for I suppose half an hour in between and then I wake up. Whats waking me most is my need to turn over as I'm very uncomfortable lying in one spot for too long, but I cannot spontaneously turn either at the moment. So I wake up, then take 5 minutes to grunt and groan as I attempt to shift my position. However as soon as I move my bladder wakes up and starts emitting emergency signals! So I have to heave myself up and off to the bathroom. You can imagine this takes absolutely ages, I then get back into bed eventually, doze again and repeat the whole fiasco an hour later. Consequently I'm not in the best of moods. I'm trying so hard to smile and be cheerful and tolerant and patient and all those things, but really I feel like a moody old bag, fit to verbally rip my husband to shreds. Poor thing, hes a gem really, I'm such a grump I don't know how he puts up with me, Grrrrrrrrrrrr Zzzzzzzzzz!

No comments:

Post a Comment