Saturday, October 28

Cough Cough Cough

Ive been ill the last couple of days thanks to my son who brings home all these lovely things from nursery. I have a bit of a cold but unfortunately for me what I have most of all is a cough. COUGH, COUGH, COUGH, COUGH. Yes its one of those coughs that echos back down the centuries, that sounds like you have smoked 100 Woodbine's a day for 50 years, the sort of cough that a 19th century poet would have recognised as an imminent visit from the grim reaper. So today I have stayed for the most part coughing my head off in bed. Literally I do feel as if my head is going to fall off, or my eyes pop out. I have a permanent headache at the back of my head, and my throat feels as if i have a rosebush stuck down it. Apart from that I'm fine... no that's not true, to put it politely coughing is causing bladder problems and seems to be hurting my back more than usual. Because of this constant damn cough I'm having trouble doing things like transfers, and even getting out the car is proving more uncomfortable than Id like.
Tonight Ive decided its got to be Nightnurse, otherwise I might as well fall asleep over the computer than sit in bed coughing and keeping Hersh Senior awake. No use both of us suffering! These coughs tend to last about 4 days. Today is number 2, so hopefully I will be feeling better by Monday.
COUGH, COUGH, COUGH, COUGH, COUGH................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment