Wednesday, August 22

Va Va Voom!

Ive bought a new car. OK not a new but another car, not too old but just right for me to drive into the ground and take me, the husband, 2 children, 2 dogs, pushchair and wheelchair, and with room to spare for those irritating relatives who come to visit. Now could it be a Tardis? No of course not, its a Mercedes E class Estate.
Ive always loved wheels. It all started when I was 2 and had a red peddle car, it was love at first sight. I progressed onto several bicycles, motorbikes, cars, oh, and wheelchairs of course.....and now probably the pinnacle of motoring. Ive realised I'm at the optimum age, no claims, and length of driving to be the minimum risk and having a very good postcode helps too. The last car theft here was 7 years ago so I'm told. I drive around 25000 miles a year so I'm justifying it quite happily. I'm going to buy a SatNav too as well. Why? Because I want one!!! Actually I hope it will stop me driving round and round in circles in the North East because I just haven't quite got to grips with the road layout yet.


Should I offset my carbon emissions I asked my husband? He looked at me and raised an eyebrow. Come to think of it I said, Does anyone really know what carbon offsetting means? And who thought of the phrase anyway? He just gives me one of those 'suffering man' looks, so I decide to say no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment