Friday, May 5

Shopping


I went shopping today at the Metrocentre, Gateshead for ....underwear. Now I'm not keen on shopping at the best of times. Unlike most women, I see it as just a necessary evil. Anyway it was Marks and Spencer all the way as disabled underwear is sort of new territory. Its not something Id have given much thought to but like so much in my life, old experiences take on a new twist. So first of all I needed the size. I have no idea, we are talking bras here ok? Just so you know!! Anyway I'm sort of all back and shoulders these days so no, I really don't know. Anyway despite having me sit there the lady in the bra dept was absolutely perfectly professional. She didn't even flinch as she measured me then telling me I was most likely a size Z. She trotted off to bring me a few samples which I wrestled with as I tried them on,...not easy I must say, eventually making a choice.
So off to pay. I waited patiently in the queue, and as my turn came up, this woman behind me marched round and stole my place!!! This is the first time this has happened to me. Really I should have said something very rude and loud but honestly I was shocked!!! Have I suddenly become so invisible these days? Did she think I was sitting there for my health, or should I just be patted on the head!! Honestly, Im lost for words!

No comments:

Post a Comment