Tuesday, July 31

Born Disabled

I would suggest that people who are born with a disability are not really disabled. Sounds like a huge statement to make and I know I'm going to be challenged but what I mean is, if you are born with something, or even without, then it becomes an intrinsic part of you, its in your make up, its part of what makes you you. You are not necessarily disabled as being abled in a different way. But acquiring a disability means that you lose something that is you. A part is gone and lost forever. I'm not saying that you don't miss what you've never had, because as the ugliest teenager in the village I definitely longed for the looks Id never had, but your perception is totally different. To paraphrase that well known parrot sketch....
This Ability is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker!
'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies!'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig!'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!!
THIS IS AN EX-ABILITY!

Yes its true, my walking ability is gone, forgotten, history, lost forever, and a not so distant memory, and I'm a bit pissed off about it actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment