Monday, December 31

Kindness

"Lorraine does not suffer fools gladly........'. This was written on my school report when I was 12, and so it remains. My resolution for 2008 is to show more kindness to others, to keep my mouth shut and not make others look like idiots. I have a sharp tongue, far too sharp for my own liking let alone anyone else and it does not endear me to anyone at times. I can be harsh, unkind, verbally vicious, bullying, impatient and belittling. The worse thing though is that I know Im doing it. Apart from that im a really nice person! So my resolution for the New Year is not to be. To try and keep my mouth firmly shut if possible and if I don't have a good thing to say, then not to say it at all.


Under all speech that is good for anything there lies a silence that is better. Silence is deep as Eternity; speech is shallow as Time.
Thomas CarlyleScottish author, essayist, & historian (1795 - 1881)

No comments:

Post a Comment