Wednesday, March 25

Not that Bad

Just lately people have been saying a lot of things to me, well maybe I'm just remembering them more, but yesterday a friend said to me, 'Of course you never expected to end up in a wheelchair did you?' 'Not perhaps one of life's aspirations' I replied, but then I thought, actually its not that bad, not that bad at all. The way she said it was as if it was the worse thing she could ever ever think of happening, and I suppose I resent that a bit. I resent her thinking that my life must be terrible because a lot of the time, certainly in general day to day activities, I don't really give it much thought. Maybe she sees me as just the sum of the wheels or something like that. Of course I rant and moan about access, and still feel quite self conscious at times, but in the day to day business of real life I really don't think about it at all. I just felt rather annoyed that this was her perception, that my life is so bad, because that couldn't be further from the truth.

1 comment:

  1. jainw23:38

    sometimes I like being in a transit chair, being pushed, you can just zone out and observe the world!!

    ReplyDelete