Saturday, October 8

Can I be the Biggest Loser?

Its no good, Ive decided to diet. Actually I don't like the whole diet psychological thing. The more you cant have something, the more you want it. So lets say Ive decided I need to lose some weight. I'm not telling you how much I weigh but I have a fairly good idea as I haven't put anything on for years, in fact I did actually lose a bit of weight with each pregnancy but its never progressed further and it should. If I look at a weight chart I'm at the top end of healthy, so given my condition I really should be at the bottom as it would make life easier, even with those day to day activities such as transfers. In and out the car 10 times a day puts a strain on shoulders and I feel it now.  The main problem with weight loss is I cant really do any cardiovascular exercise and Ive worked out my calorific intake is only about 1800 calories most days anyway which is already slightly less than the suggested 2000 for a woman. So unlike the people on Fat Families or Biggest Loser, I don't have much to work with. Ive decided to start with cutting my fat intake, especially butter on sandwiches and crackers, biscuits, full fat milk, and carbs such as potatoes. All of these are pretty easy to get rid of as they are essentially empty calories. My aim is to lose a pound a month, is that an achievable goal do you think or should I aim for more? Not sure so I will see how it goes by the end of the month. I shall report back!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I'll be attempting a health kick after baby arrives - dreading it a bit :s I'll be following your efforts with interest. x

    ReplyDelete