Tuesday, March 17

A little Poise

A friend of mine said recently, You know you handle all this with such aplomb. Good word huh? Aplomb.... I like it, and havent heard it used in an age. So I thought Id look it up just to check I understood the context in which he was using it....
Aplomb.
noun.
imperturbable self-possession, poise, or assurance.
Synonyms: composure, equanimity, imperturbability.
Well well, I like it even more, what a great use of a word. Thats me for sure, someone who does things with a certain style and yes hadnt you noticed my assurance composure and imperturbability? Ok well maybe not but I do like the fact that I give this impression, because actually Im sort of getting my head round the whole thing, lightening up and enjoying life, 'cos you know what, its too short not to isnt it

No comments:

Post a Comment