Thursday, February 28

The Grand Plan

Well, well, well, life's a funny old thing isn't it? Doesn't seem to matter how much we think we are in control of the whole thing, it just throws in various unknowns just to keep it interesting. Somehow I think it might be quite nice to lead a steady, reliable sort of ordinary kind of life. I used to be so organised and have these terrific 5 year plans where I would plan out my career, finances and personal life with Great Expectations. Only thing is, since we got into the 21st century nothing has gone according to plan, and not only have I had to forget plan A, B and C but I generally find myself on plan M! So forget the grand plan, its worthless.
So following on from that I can announce I'm pregnant....again!!!!!! If I were to say we were amazed it would be an understatement. We are simply shocked and flabbergasted. The chances of this happening spontaneously are pretty slim if I'm really honest, it never even occurred to us it might. But it did and here we are looking at the birth of our 3rd child at the end of September. What can I say? I'm pleased of course, but it wasn't in the grand plan for 2008 that's for sure. Anyway please don't say to me 'how will you manage?' Ive already had someone say that and you know its a bit insulting to say the least. Of course we will manage, its not like we are living in a shack in the middle of Africa with 8 kids and no drinking water. So of course we will manage, its just going to be a bit more of a challenge than I was expecting!!! But that's life I guess!

1 comment:

  1. What a great attitude you have today! Congratulations.

    SAw your note on apparylized, and thought I;d look you up over here.

    ReplyDelete